Womens CenterThe Birthing Center
The Place for One of Life's Most Precious EventsChoose HSHS St. Vincent Hospital for one of life's most precious events – your baby's delivery. As part of the hospital's Women's Center, the Birthing Center offers expert obstetrical care provided in warm, inviting suites equipped with the latest medical equipment. Plus, should your baby need special care, the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is just steps away from the birthing rooms, offering 24-hour care by our experienced board-certified neonatologists.
HSHS St. Vincent Hospital Birthing CenterThe HSHS St. Vincent birthing rooms are spacious and feature many home-like comforts. Our providers visit daily to check up on you and your baby. The nursing staff will help you learn how to care for your baby and prepare you to return home.
Nursing and medical care
- Warm, friendly nursing staff provide individualized care
- Onsite NICU for high-risk mothers and/or newborns
- C-section procedures take place in the maternity department
- Pain management
- Holistic methods, such as birthing balls and water therapy
- Medical management, such as epidurals and anesthesiology 24/7
- Skin-to-skin contact with baby immediately after delivery
- “Rooming-in” to allow baby and mom to bond
- Lactation specialists available seven days a week
- Open visitation policy — dads may choose to stay overnight
- Single room maternity care
- Free Wi-Fi
- Built-in sound system that works with your mobile device, so you can you play your own music during delivery
- Updated bathrooms and delivery rooms with a home-like atmosphere
- Family lounges
- Infant security alarms
- Complimentary snack basket
- Free celebration meal for mom and dad
New Suites Opening Summer 2015!HSHS St. Vincent Hospital will soon unveil new renovations to the Women’s Health & Birthing Center, including the Green Bay area’s only family suites with exclusive amenities that cater to post-partum mothers, newborns and families.
These four family suites will feature:
- A private bathroom with a walk-in shower that features a rainfall showerhead
- A spacious layout with twice as much space as current post-partum rooms
- A “family and friends” gathering space with a separate TV, microwave, coffee pot, table and chairs, and a child play space
It will also unveil eight renovated, single-room labor/delivery/recovery/post-partum (LDRP) rooms. These rooms will allow mothers and newborns to remain in the same room after delivery.
A second set of renovations will start in the summer of 2015 and will include centralization of the nurse’s station and completion of three final family suites, which will bring the total to seven family suites. The family suites can also support labor and delivery, as needed.
Finally, a third renovation phase is scheduled to complete by the end of 2016. This phase will include the addition of two designated triage rooms and upgrades to one of the two C-section rooms.
For more information about the HSHS St. Vincent Women's Center, Birthing Center, NICU, or to schedule a tour, please call (920) 433-8329.