How to applyPrior to application:
- Complete coursework in Child Life, Child Development or related fields
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 150 hours of volunteer work with sick or at risk children
- Must have taken a class in bereavement, medical terminology
- Current CPR certification
St. Vincent Hospital
835 S. Van Buren
Attn: Child Life 10th Floor
Green Bay, WI 54301
With your application please include the following:
- Completed Child Life Councils's standardized application form (download Word document)
- Current resume
- Two written letters of reference – (one should be from a college professor).
- Completed essay - 500 word typed essay on why you want to go into child life
- Official College Transcripts
- Coursework review from the Child Life Council
- We will require that you have completed a medical terminology course, and a death and dying course before starting your internship
|Internship Session||Acceptance Deadlines||Initial Offer Dates||Acceptance Dates||Offer Dates for 2013-2014||Acceptance Dates for 2013-2014|
|Summer||January 5||2nd Tuesday of February||Following Wednesday||Tuesday, 2/11/2014||Wednesday 2/12/2014|
|Fall||May 5||2nd Tuesday of June||Following Wednesday||Tuesday, 6/10/2014||Wednesday 6/11/2014|
|Winter/Spring||September 5||2nd Tuesday of October||Following Wednesday||Tuesday, 10/14/2014||Wednesday 10/14/2014|
Should a deadline fall on a weekend and/or holiday, then the date should be moved forward to the next business day. If selected for an interview, The Child Life Coordinator will contact potential interns to schedule an interview. Local applicants (within 100 miles) will be asked to come in for an interview. Potential interns who live farther away than 100 miles we will set up a phone interview.
StipendsThe Child Life Internship is unpaid.
HousingHousing during the internship will be the responsibility of the student.
Please contact Colleen Ducke Child Life Coordinator if you have any questions at 920-433-8915 or firstname.lastname@example.org.