Volunteers are key members of the HSHS St. Vincent Hospital family. They help carry out the hospital’s healing mission while demonstrating the hospital’s values of Respect, Care, Competence, and Joy. More than 150 volunteers serve in 25 different areas of the hospital. Some have regularly scheduled hours while others serve “on-call” for special projects.
The Auxiliary of HSHS St. Vincent Hospital and HSHS St. Mary’s Hospital Medical Center is a special group of more than 300 volunteers who socialize as well as perform service in the hospital. Auxilians run the hospital Gift Shop and sponsor other fund-raising activities such as Hats Off to Women, Fashions from the Heart fall fashion show, cookie sales, and book fairs. The group meets quarterly for breakfast or luncheons and welcomes both active and associate members.
Thank you for considering the many volunteer opportunities at HSHS St. Vincent Hospital. By becoming a volunteer, you will make a positive impact on those you come in contact with. We understand your time is valuable and truly appreciate your interest to share that time with our patients and colleagues.
HSHS St. Vincent Hospital has made a commitment to be recognized within our community as a hospital that provides exceptional customer service. We expect all individuals who represent HSHS St. Vincent Hospital to exhibit our five service behavior standards:
- Create positive first impressions
- Demonstrate care and concern
- Respect dignity and maintain confidentiality
- Be a team player
- Initiate service improvements
- Be of good character and willing to serve
- Complete an application and medical history
- Must have a TB test, Rubella Titer, Varicella and flu shot on acceptance of position – courtesy of the hospital
- Must attend a required in-service training once a year
- Complete an Education Packet
- Complete a Background Information Disclosure form
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the hospital
- Sharing your time, helping others